Elite Ownage Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EOG is an gaming community focused mainly on the Wii, The games we mostly play are MKwii, SSBB and GH, Join EOG today!!!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Techniques You Use

Go down 
+2
neku13
DevinSeventy8
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DevinSeventy8

DevinSeventy8

Gamer Dollars : 73

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:01 am

THE SPIKE

I've played SSBB a LOT less than I used to play SSBM. I played Melee every single day for two years. I was actually fairly good at it by the time I lost interest. Anyway, point of the post is to discuss the Spike, a technique I named because it makes me think of volleyball. It MAY go by a different calling, but I never researched the matter.

The Spike: When your opponent is hovering in the air outside of the arena, this attack requires the user to jump out and meet your opponent mid-air and perform an attack which would send the opponent straight down to death.

My favorite example from SSBM was Falco's mid-air Down+A attack. Made many people mad with his spike, as it's easiest to perform.

I haven't been able to spike anyone yet in SSBB, though. My favorite characters' attacks don't send oppenents straight down like in the old days..
Back to top Go down
neku13
EOG Ally
EOG Ally
neku13

Gamer Dollars : 41

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 pm

aka METEOR SMASH!!!!!! lol i use that ofeten, i do like chars with a spiking capability
Back to top Go down
kirbyownsyou97
EOG Ally
EOG Ally
kirbyownsyou97

Gamer Dollars : 77

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 pm

SPIKING.
i feel so awesome when i spike.
Back to top Go down
Luigikid

Luigikid

Gamer Dollars : 105

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Almost every character has a spike, but it's not always Down+A. For example, Yoshi's spike is Side+A. Toon Link's spike is one of the best, but if you miss, you die.

Another technique I use (however cheap it is) is to stand by the edge of a stage that goes off screen both ways and throw people backwards.
Back to top Go down
http://luigikid.com/
kirbyownsyou97
EOG Ally
EOG Ally
kirbyownsyou97

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Hey kids, pitch your tents and get some firewood, because im sensing some camping.

A lot of the time i die when i try to spike :/
Back to top Go down
Luigikid

Luigikid

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 pm

I only die when I try to spike with Toon Link or someone with a delayed spike. *cough*Ike&CaptainFalcon*cough*
Back to top Go down
kirbyownsyou97
EOG Ally
EOG Ally
kirbyownsyou97

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm

im actually a lot more lucky when i try spiking with Ike and Captain Falcon.
Marth is a hard one to spike with since you have to get them with the tip of your sword in order for the guy to actually go down.
Back to top Go down
Luigikid

Luigikid

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm not even sure if it's even possible to spike with Meta Knight, but you don't need to. You just fly out and continually attack them so they can't get back, knowing you can get back.
Back to top Go down
DevinSeventy8

DevinSeventy8

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:55 am

Actually, Mario has my favorite spike, and always has. It's so bad-ass when Mario flies out and smashes faces with his fist (< or > + A in air).

Pretty popular thread. Like the responses.
Back to top Go down
Luigikid

Luigikid

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:17 am

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably say Toon Link's spike. Especially on the Pirate Ship. You can spike people below the water, and if you miss, you just land in the water. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cornbeef

cornbeef

Gamer Dollars : 39

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm

I don't use any techniques...that I can remember. I usually just wing it.
Back to top Go down
Luigikid

Luigikid

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh, another technique is with Ganondorf, instead of Side+B on the ground, you jump first and do it the instant you leave the ground. It takes less time, and causes 3% more damage. I discovered that myself by accident. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orange Lightning
Mod
Mod
Orange Lightning

Gamer Dollars : 41

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 pm

I sometimes spike, but a good alternative is bouncing them against a surface at an angle. They bounce off of it, then go straight down.
Back to top Go down
DevinSeventy8

DevinSeventy8

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 pm

^Hahaha, a very awesome move. Makes me think of DragonBallZ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Techniques You Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques You Use   Techniques You Use Empty

Back to top Go down

Techniques You Use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Ownage Gamers :: Game Talk :: Super Smash Bros. Brawl-
Jump to: